Thursday, September 25, 2008

Scrappy Sabbatical

I cannot believe I am saying this...but yes...I'm going on a scrappy sabbatical. I never thought I'd be in a place where I just don't want to scrap...And somehow...I'm there. I mean...I would scrap daily!!!!

It all started a couple of weeks ago. We finally got the call for a long awaited referal...finally a son for our family. It ended up we needed to decline the referal. This has just shaken me to the core. I cannot even begin to describe all the emotions and feelings I have gone through with this.

I just attended a crop and a scrappy retreat --> I didn't want to be at either and scrapping just didn't happen...everything was just soo difficult. Can you imagine not being excited about a scrapping retreat? I knew something was wrong.

So...I'm going to take some time off...said goodbye for now to my scrappy friends on the boards and I'm going to take time to heal and become the squeeky wheel at out adoption agency. Hopefully, this sabbatical will not last long!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jayme Downs said...

Oh dear! That's just terrible! You better chat with me still. I'll miss our chats. ....and I just got back online too.

Megan Aaron said...

oh, I am so sorry! sometimes a break is what you really need though. I hope it proves healing for you. good luck with everything!