Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Homeless again...

I find myself at a loss and very very sad. I love scrappy message boards and the community of scrappy friends -- sharing news, tips, and layouts/projects. I love being on design teams -- the challenge of designing and inspiring others...love it. I put my heart and soul into the position. Yet, I'm having the worst luck.

I did not get an extension at Sketchabilites and just got dropped from the team at ScrapGal after 2 months, it was a 6 month term. The ScrapGal news hurt...a lot and was unexpected. I worked my butt off for those two months. Creating blog posts were a bit more challenging than I expected. Plus I hosted 2 games, a challenge, sent out raks, etc...

I hope someday I will find the silver lining/learning in all this...today I'm just shaking my head...why? I find it hard to believe that the economy has changed all that much in the two months. And why not let everyone know on the site what is going on?

So...time to move on. I'll be posting my last Sketchabilities reveal tomorrow...I think you will like it. It will also be my last layout for a while. My camera died on me. On Sunday morning at Kelly's first gymnastics meet! I was soo mad! I took the photo of the layout the day before. Two fully charged batteries, tried both, and the thing just won't power up. It is a Canon EOS rebel. I bought it 5 years ago. Needless to say I don't need the expense of fixing it or purchasing another. Oh well, at least I don't have anymore deadlines to photograph! LOL!

Kelly did awesome at the meet. She placed:
2nd on beam
5th on vault
7th on floor
and 7th for all around. This is out of 22 6 & 7 year old level 4 gymnasts.

Until tomorrow...


7 comments:

Jennifer Chapin said...

Sorry to hear that! Don't give up, you are an awesome scrapper. :)

Unknown said...

The ScrapGal thing is strange. I can't believe they just dumped you like that. I thought you were doing an awesome job! Very sorry to hear that. :-(

Megan Aaron said...

I am so sorry to hear your news. That ScrapGal thing just seems WRONG! I have been applying for a bunch lately and not getting them. I think with all the stores that have been closing lately, the competition has just gotten really tough.

You are an awesome scrapper though! Don't give up! And we don't have any DT spots open right now, but you should come hang out at acherryontop.com - great store with a huge selection and a really really great community!

Unknown said...

:( this really stinks, Janet! I wish you still felt like coming to the mb, but I understand if you don't. I thought you did a great job, and I hope to see you (and your scrapping) around!

Pat said...

Hey Janet, I'm sending gentle {{{hugs}}} your way. Don't give up, you are a great scrapper.
Something good will come along for you.

Kimmie said...

I'm so sorry, Janet. :o( My hopes are that someday you feel like coming back to the forums. I miss you! But I understand how hurtful this must have been.

Keep trying out for DTs! Your work is so great and I know that you'll be picked up somewhere again!

Hugs to you!

Rita Barakat said...

Hi Janet - your work is beautiful cna you email me?rbarakatmusic@hotmail.com

Blog Archive