Friday, October 8, 2010

Random thoughts...

Sorry...I haven't posted in awhile. It is amazing how life works sometimes. And today, nature reminded me of that. I'm sitting at my computer catching up on email and I notice movement out of the corner of my eye...So I look. Here are the leaves falling from the trees in my back yard. Lots of them. It was absolutely beautiful...so much so I almost cried. For those that know me...I don't cry easily. I don't think I have ever stopped and noticed the leaves falling before. Ya know...time goes so quickly. Fall starts, then all of a sudden the leaves are down and it's snowing.

Today I stopped...and just appreciated this simple moment. It was gorgeous. Leaves falling...ready to give nourishment back to the earth. The ending of a season and start of another.

I think this touched me deeply because of what is going on in my life right now. Mike's Dad has been diagnosed with late stage cancer. We don't know the details yet, but just the term "late stage cancer" is enough. A season ending, a life ending. Maybe the falling leaves are a reminder to notice the bigger picture and find joy with what was and what will be. Thank you nature.

So...everything happens for a reason. Although I was crushed and somewhat bitter with being one of 2 designers that lost their DT spots at ScrapGal, I am now so grateful. Grateful that I don't have those responsibilities right now. My husband has been back home since Tuesday to be with his family while all this was happening. Not having to worry about being on the board, blog posts, contests, monthly projects has been a blessing. Thanks to the higher powers that created this for me!

Last random thought...My new camera should be arriving today! I'm soo excited. I found a great deal on the net for a Canon 50D with a 25-135 mm IS lens. I will be taking some awesome photos of Kelly's gymnastics meet on Sunday. I can't wait! Soon, I'll have photos to post.

Each day is a blessing...it is up to us to find it everyday!

5 comments:

kim c said...

Janet, I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Be strong. I'll be praying for your family.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your father in law. It really does remind you to take for the small things (like leaves).

Colleen said...

I'm so very sorry to hear about your father in law Janet. This is going to be a very difficult time, so it's wonderful that you're also appreciating the little things right now. Take care... Will be thinking of all of you.

Rita Barakat said...

Janet I am glad you found a little peace today - I am sorry to hear about your about your father in law.

Pat said...

Janet isn't nature wonderful! Sorry to hear about your FIL, happy for you that you have found some peace. Can't wait to see your photos.