Thursday, July 25, 2013

More Art Journal pages

I'm loving the art journal!  Oh yeah...ink, paint, stamps, glue, journaling...way fun AND theraputic.  I'm thinking I'm saving thousands of dollars worth of therapy just by playing with paints.  Oh yeah!...

So here are a couple of pages I finished recently.  It took a while and morphed during the process.  I created the green and blue background which would be perfect for the tree branch I had in mind.  I stamped and cut out the leaves...water colored some yellow for the sun...and added the perfect pearl hearts.  So fun.  The actual branch is hand drawn and painted.  I decided I needed some butterflies and texture paste was just the ticket!

Then the mushrooms...I originally thought I'd have some kind of grass or flower type stamp down there.  When I was looking for a stamp, I saw the mushrooms...How perfect 'cause I totally feel like one lately...I have no clue what is going on ... so viola... a page is born.

Next is a Gratitude page.  I realized I have not been thankful for all I have.  So I took this blue background and went to town...Hand wrote gratitude then listed all that I am grateful for...I'm sure there is way more.  I stamped and painted some butterflies...LOVE how it all turned out!
 I can't wait to go play some more!

1 comment:

nfaband said...

Wow, I had no idea you were doing art journals with altered pages and backgrounds. Very cool, and while I'm not scrapping right now and I have given away all my supplies, this could be something I might venture in to.