Ok...I'm feeling a little raw after this layout...But, I'm really glad I did it. This feeling is a major part of who I am and what I struggle with on a daily basis. It also is a major learning experience...the impact parents have on their children. I'm so glad I got to see this. AND I make sure Kelly knows on a daily basis she is loved and lovable. I'm sure she'll still have some demon herself to overcome and learn from...but it can at least be different than mine!
The journalling reads: I have to admit I have struggled with this concept for what seems like forever. I'd have to say it probably started in my childhood. My Dad would always ask if I was the tallest, smartest, fastest, best-est, etc... I never was. I was always 1 or 2 behind the "est". I would always see the disappointment in his eyes when he heard. My Dad has never been good with showing emotion; so I would take the lack of "I love you's" and the disappointment as I'm just not lovable. Now I know better. He just wanted the best for me, wanted me to succeed and thought I needed to be those things to do so. Yet, I struggle with not feeling good enough on a daily basis. Always striving to do things better and always just not feeling loved. I sooo want to break through this! And I know it starts with me...just apreiciating what I do and acknowledging on a daily basis that it is good enough, that I am lovable! Yet, that demon is always around the corner sabatoging my self-confidence and I just don't know how to get rid of him!
The Scrapperie is an awesome site with some awesome people providing support, inspiration, and fellowship!! Colleen puts out a blog question of the day to inspire us and our blogs. I usually don't participate since I keep this blog scrapbook related. But today it is kind of a tag game...How cook is that! So...here I go...
1. My 2 favorite scrapbook topics are my daughter and husband!
2. The 2 best places I've been to are The Big Island, Hawaii and Virgin Gorda of the British Virgin Islands
3. 2 things I do everyday are well...biological...eat and ....
4. The 2 things everyone knows about me are that I scrap and I'm married with a daughter.
5. The 2 places I wish to visit are the Redwoods and Yellowstone National park to see the gysers!
6. 2 things you may not know about me are: I'm addicted to diet coke and have 2 degrees --> engineering and master's in computer science. I guess I'm an over educated mommy! LOL!
Ok...So I tag Colleen and Meg! Have fun ladies!
- ► 2013 (37)
- ► 2012 (37)
- ► 2011 (38)
- ► 2010 (80)
- ► 2009 (106)
- ▼ 2008 (47)