Monday, March 22, 2010

Bye-Bye Ribbon Bowl

Ok...my friend Cathy, who is my organizational consultant, is not going to be happy! LOL!!! I originally kept my ribbon on floss cards in an artbin floss holder. I quickly grew out of that system. Cathy convinced me to roll all the ribbon and keep it in a big hurricane jar. It would be pretty.

So, after she promised to do all the rolling, I tried it. The jar is pretty...and I could find ribbon I was looking for. But, I out grew the jar, didn't feel like rolling the ribbon myself, and felt I wasn't using ribbon as much as I could. Note: I should have taken a before photo of the jar. The jar was WAY more overflowing than this before I dumped it! LOL!!!

So on Sunday I did dump the jar! I had purchased additional holders from Menards...2 for $5. I thought I could get all the ribbon in the 2 containers and my art bin...NOPE. I ran out to Menards and got 2 more. Now all my ribbon is sorted by color. Theme and multicolor ribbons are in a separate container. I'm soo excited. I feel I can use the ribbon more now that I can see what I have!

Now I need to figure out what to do with the hurricane! It is pretty!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Looks good Janet!!!! Mine are everywhere! :)

Blog Archive