Monday, March 30, 2009

Impending doom?

I just can't seem to shake this feeling of impending doom. We finally travelled to meet our future son. All should be well in my world. But, it seems that our adoption agency is ...........? I'm not sure what the right word is here. They are unwilling to negotiate the post placement policy with us. They require an $800 deposit that will be held until all the post placement visits are done and documented. The problem with this is that they are not doing them and the last one occurs 3 years from now. I have no faith that we will actually get this deposit back. So, I am offering to pay up-front ($775) for all visits with they agency that will do them via a contract and copy of payment received. Seems fair to me. I'm still fighting this battle. I feel that the agency is using financial and emotional manipulation...and that is just soooo WRONG!!!!

The agency has decided to charge us more $$ since the adoption process was started in 2006. Well, this also seems unfair since it is not our fault the process has taken so long. We contracted certain fees back then and the company should stick with them. Don't get me started about this.

Plus, there is a lot of paperwork to be turned in. And well, I just can't seem to shake the feeling that someone is going to pull the carpet right from under me! ARGH!!! I hate this feeling!!!

And then throw in the economy right now and all the job loss rumors going on!!! I think this is going to be the longest 3 months ever!

1 comment:

GinniG said...

Oh Janet!!! I hope things go well for you! Saying prayers for all the problems to be worked out quickly and that they'll honor their contracts. Have you consulted an attorney about their fees??? Sounds like one's in order!!! God's got the perfect child for you out there. Praying that you'll find each other soon! {{{HUGS!!!}}}

Blog Archive