Thursday, April 29, 2010

I have a confession...

Yep...I must confess...I'm not doing this alone! LOL!!! I think I mentioned in my very first post that I found this program "Skinny Jeans" at a gym near where Kelly practices for gymnastics. I joined the gym even though I cannot participate in the program. The class times do not coincide with Kelly's practice times. But the gym, Body and Balance, has an AWESOME manager! Deb has come to my rescue! She has been doing the program for 6 months and has achieved her own incredible results. So, she is helping me figure things out! Thanks Deb...you rock!

Yesterday she helped me with some questions about the diet. First that my hungriness might have been caused by the craisins...dried fruit...too much sugar...DUH! No craisins today and I am doing much better.

Wheat...Rachel Cosgrove left wheat products off her shopping list, but did not really explain why. Wheat, or gluten, seems to be something we have had too much of. The clients Deb has worked with seem to do better without it. Also, it is difficult to get these products without added preservatives and other chemicals. So...no wheat.

Mayo...I really wanted to use mayo for chicken/tuna salad. The ingredients look good...except for added sugar. GRRR! Why do they put sugar in everything. Deb suggested making my own mayo or make a dressing from the Greek yogurt that is out.

I think my body is going through a major de-tox. I woke up thirsty at 3 am! LOL!! How can I be thirsty after 2 days of 100+ ounces of water and NO diet coke. I'm not complaining. Years of unwanted chemicals are going to take a while to get out of my system. So, I'm drinking my water! And, I don't know if this is wishful thinking or not, but my skin is already feeling softer and smoother...go figure!

I did Rachel Cosgrove's Base -A workout yesterday. MAN OH MAN!!! Even the warm-up kicked my behind. I am soo out of shape!! Oh well...Anyway...here are the photos I promised. I cannot believe I'm posting these. LOL!!! Yet, how can I say I'm proud of myself and what I have done up to this point and not. I will not regret the journey that got me here...I will honor it and learn from it. So here I am...



Tonight I will be using a SPLURGE! We are celebrating Max's 2nd birthday and I will be enjoying some birthday cake. Did you know I have not had any chocolate since Sunday?!?!? Have I said how proud I am of myself! I'm eating healthy, exercising, and still feel like I'm supporting my family. DOH! I can do both! I don't have to be last! What an incredible concept!

And for my scrappy friends...Sketchibilities reveal is tomorrow!!! Plus, Challenge Masters NSD crop starts tomorrow! It is going to be a blast.

4 comments:

Pat said...

It is so refreshing to see someone being so honest with herself!! I am very proud of you Janet! You rock!!

Stacy said...

Janet i'm so proud of you girly!!!! I wish I had your will power!!! You go girl :)

July said...

I'm so proud of you. Way to go girl...

elizabeth rosemond said...

Keep at it Janet!! You're seeing results already, even if they aren't visible. GO!!!

Blog Archive