Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm a B.I.T.C.H!!!

LOL!!! Did that get your attention? Sorry, but I am sooo stoked!!!!! Let me explain.... I have been miserable for a while....don't know why, I have a great life, husband, kids, etc. But I have been. Adding the second child at 16 months of age was very difficult. It brought issues I had with me, my hubby, and life in general to a boiling point. I finally exploded a couple of weeks ago! Maybe a month ago already.

But, what I realized is that I lost myself somewhere along my married/mommy journey. For some reason I thought it was a good idea to immerse myself in my marriage and totally support my husband, leaving my needs as secondary to his. I did this with my daughter also...I waited so long for her and wanted such a different life for her than mine...my needs became secondary to hers also. Then add the second child...Well you can imagine were I ended up on the list...rock bottom. I thought I was doing the right thing by supporting everyone else and leaving me last. But, all that created was a miserable, bitter, and resentful woman! Nobody was happy...not even the people I was trying to make happy.

I started the year wanting to create more of a balance...my one little word to focus on. But what I didn't realize was the balance was about my needs...not everyone elses.

So...me first...and with that I HAVE to focus on my health and fitness. But how...I was a gym rat...I know what it takes to be a size 4, but I am NOT willing to go through that regime again. There are too many other important things in my life now.

So, here is where B.I.T.C.H. comes in. Kelly is on team gymnastics in Iowa City/Coralville. 45 minutes from here. So, I stay with her. I thought this would be a good time to work out. One of Kelly's teammate's mother is a trainer at a gym up there and they have a program called "Skinny Jeans" --> lose 2 jean sizes in 8 weeks. She says the women are doing it! My interest is peaked!

So, I checked out the gym and program on Friday! The program is based on Rachel Cosgrove's book...I don't' have the title at the moment. I'm only through the first five chapters so far. But bottom line...it is about being a B.I.T.C.H...Becoming Inspirational, Totally Confident, and HOT! Attitude is everything! So true! I LOVE what I am reading...she was a ton of experience, stories, and everything is backup scientifically.

I busted my behind yesterday to get ready to start today. And well...attitude is everything. I feel different just making this commitment to myself! I bought a pair of jeans 2 sizes smaller...I can't wait to fit into them. I have also modified B.I.T.C.H. I don't like the word becoming...it is not strong enough. I am going to focus on what I am! Also...Hot...not a big thing for me...but Happy...oh yea! So for me...B.I.T.C.H. Stands for Beaming Inspiration, Totally Confident, and HAPPY!!!!!!

So here are my starting points...publically...I have been wearing size 14 jeans, but they fall a lot. So I tried on the 12's...tight with the belly roll, but wearable. So my skinny jean goal size is 8! I'm hovering around 200 pounds.

So scrappy friends, I hope you don't mind. I will be documenting my skinny jeans journey on my blog. My little accountability piece. I'll title the posts appropriate if you don't want to come with me on my journey.

I did get a layout done this weekend. This is one I started at class last weekend. I found photos, modified the design a little, and viola...Family. Journaling reads: Owl will always love my family. From my honary step-mom, to my awesome hubby and beautiful daughter. And of course, my generous father who is always taking photos for me!

Most materials are MME. I don't remember the manufacturer of the cloud paper...it wasn't MME. MM did the tag frames, BoBunny the acrylic arrow. Of course some stitching. I can't seem to have a layout lately without it. In fact...I meant to stitch on the tree also!


5 comments:

Stacy said...

OMG!!!You crack me up with that opener!!!! Fab layout by the way!

Jessica said...

Way to take charge of your life! I am excited to hear follow you on your journey!!

Pat said...

Janet good for you!!! I wish you great success!

Colleen said...

Good for you and I wish you all the best! Looking forward to hearing updates!

July said...

I thought it means something. And yes I follow you with your journey. I always had my yoyo thing in my diet...and for you I wish to be a lifestyle thing....its so much great to love yourself.

Blog Archive