Thursday, July 10, 2008

Scrap mojo...

...where are you! I can't even look at my scrap table right now with out cringing...WHAT IS UP WITH THAT! I got burnt out at the last online crop I attended. Don't get me wrong...the crop was awesome! Lots of wonderful challenges and games...I had a lot of fun.

But, what I did find out was that I was forcing layouts to fit challenges and soon got disgusted There is even one layout I want to rip up...but it got lots of praise in the gallery...go figure...bleech! I'm thinking that for everyone one or challenge you do, you get a FREE choice...Maybe that would help with the burn out.

Anyway...I'm one 2 page spread from finishing Kelly's 4th year book!! I should be chomping at the bit to get it done...I LOVE the feeling of a finished book!

Or maybe it is because of the layout that is sitting on my desk. It is left over from the crop challenge...Frozen Yougart...a layout about me. I choose to focus on all my "Battles" that I seem to be in lately...weight/toy pickup/light shut off/project putaway....I'm having a hard time working on this for some reason. Yeah...this is it...I think there is a battle that has not made its way to the page...I'm not sure what it is yet...but it is holding me back. Off to find out what it is!!

So...how do you get your mojo back?

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Sounds like a good layout that needs to get finished at some point Janet! Can't wait to see.

When I'm missing my mojo, sometimes I just try and get some new pics developed and pull out some fun (often new) papers! Good luck!

Megan Aaron said...

I know what you mean about the challenge burn out. I love doing challenges and often I find that they SPARK my creativity, but only if they fit something that I was already planning to do anyway. And with crops it seems that I am in such a hurry that I end up with a lot of stuff I am unhappy with also.

I agree with Colleen - maybe new pics, new product, put aside that layout that is sitting there, clean up your room (that always helps me) or find a layout that inspires you and lift it.

Jayme Downs said...

Yeah, I've noticed that the crops burn me out. I try real hard to make the challenges work for me and I think that's why I get burned out. Like they said, find a special picture and some cool papers. That's what helps me out.

Blog Archive