Monday, July 21, 2008

Tornado?

Oh my goodness!! What a storm! No tornados, but winds blowing at 95 mph! We spent a good 30 to 45 minutes in the basement this morning...We probably should have gone down 15 minutes earlier. Check out our backyard, it looks like a war zone. We lost at least 2 whole trees and maybe another. There are 3 huge oaks that all have been basically topped. I think at least one and maybe another will survive. I have a feeling too much was lost on the other...which was our major shade sorce for our deck. But...the house is good and there is no damage. PHEW!! Needless to say...we now own a chainsaw!





2 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow! That is quite the storm and I'm glad you're OK!

Jayme Downs said...

Oh heavens Janet, that one is too close for comfort.

I totally know how that feels. Although, I wasn't at my house when we lost trees. That was in '05 when Rita hit us. We lost 3 trees I think. And we STILL have one down in the back yard. I should go take a pic of that before we have it finally taken care of. Last summer we had the tree down in the front yard finally removed.

Storms scare me so badly. :(

Blog Archive