Thursday, September 24, 2009

We are HOME!

Yes, we are home. We rolled in at about 10 pm last night. Kelly was soo excited. She wanted to talk on the phone with us from the airport all the way home! The last 3 hours home probably was the toughest. Neither one of us slept on the plane and I was done. I've lost track of how many hours we were up...over 24...I had gotten up at 6:30 Moscow time on Tuesday. Poor Mike. I don't know how he did it...but we made it home.

Now, to get over the jet lag. Even though I did not get much sleep in our over 24 hour day...I was up at 3:30 am and knew I wouldn't fall back to sleep. Mike was the same way. So, we got up and showered. The little man was also up. So, he got changed and Mike sat with him in the recliner...he has fallen back to sleep! Yeah...hopefully, we can get him transitioned to central time without too much of a fuss.

The plane ride was not too bad. He took a little nap on the way to the airport and ended up sleeping for about 3 hours of the flight. He went through his frustrated screaming because he couldn't fall asleep. The Russian ladies behind us kept wanting to help, but he wouldn't take a pacifier, so there was nothing I could do.

The airport was a non-issue...we got through immigration and customs quite quickly! We probably should have called Dad sooner to pick us up. I think we waited about an hour for him. Then an hour drive to his place, stay there for about 45 minutes and then hit the road for Muscatine. I think Dad wanted us to stay for dinner or even spend the night. In hind sight, we probably should have. But, we just wanted to get home and we had a little girl that was anxious to see us and her baby brother.

He has been a trooper. Seeing a bunch of strange people that want to take his picture and hold him, 2 different houses, 2 dogs, a big sister...all-in-all he has been taking it all in.

We will be calling the Dr. as soon as they open today to have his rash checked out. It flared up on the flight home. I'm pretty sure something we fed him caused it...but we haven't really given him anything different. I'm starting to wonder if there is some kind of filler in baby food fruits that is causing this. It "seems" to happen when he eats those. But who knows....I'm totally guessing. The benydryl that we were giving him didn't seem to help on the plane.

Well...I have a mountain of laundry that I need to attack.

WE ARE HOME!!!!!!!!


Lisa L. said...

I'm so thrilled that you are home!!!!

Tonya Boone said...

so glad ya'll are home.. so excited to see the family photos.. what a journey all of ya'll have been on.. so glad you posted on your blog for everyone.. i have enjoyed reading about everything..

cathy said...

Yea - you're home!! I will wait for your call so things can calm down and it is a good time for you. I can't wait to see pics of brother and sister. So glad that you are back in the comforts of your own home. Love!!

jillybean66 said...

Yipeee, so glad to read you all had a safe trip home...boy it sure sounds long! Hope you take a few days to rest up and rebond with the whole family!!! So exciting...can't wait to see more pictures hope you get a nice family shot to show us!! Hugs!!!

Blog Archive